Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trying my hand at Vintage



I created this card for a challenge posted on the Papercrafts message board. We try to have weekly challenges - each week someone else takes a turn as the hostess : ) The challenge was to create a background on a card using a common household item.

I used an old CD. I think this turned out neat - sort of like the sentiment from Ecclesiastes I used that says: "To everything there is a season...." The new and the old are represented on this card.

Pictured here is the card with a bow in the upper right hand corner but at the suggestion of my Vintage mentor : ) Sue "weedsgalore" I removed the bow. She suggested the card didn't "need" it and underneath that bow is a beautiful botanical paper so I have removed the bow and I agree it looks better.

My friends suggested I submit this card for a publication. I have NO idea! how to do that but I may look into it. What do you think??

Patti

8 comments:

Judy said...

I think I already told you that I love this card, but I'm telling you again? Very clever girl with the CD. :) You did a superb job for your first vintage theme.
TFS,
Judy

Judy said...

And yes - you should submit it for publication! It's beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

Love it Patti brilliant idea to use the CD the design is perfect well done and I garee with your friend most definately.

Hugs
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

How clever once again of you. I would never have thought that a CD would look so beautiful on a card. But you managed to pull it off in a big way. This is an awesome vintage theme card . It's just beautiful.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Yes you should submit it, it's gorgeous! I love how it turned out Patti!

Janice W. said...

Patti,
Everything you make is beautiful! You should definately send things in for publication!!! I'm a huge fan of yours!
Janice :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's perfect just the way it is. and yes, you should submit it for publication!
~Vicky:)

Anonymous said...

Love your take on Vintage. It's wonderful patti. I also adore those sewing kits and am thinking I shall make one for mom.
She still hand sews doll clothes for her club.
You should sell those lady.
JEss