Thursday, November 21, 2013

It's a wrap!



Shaped cards are among my favorite cards to create.  This card was created using Spellbinders die cuts.  The largest scallop in the set is 4.25" and fits nicely in a 5" square envie. The patterned paper layers on the top of the scallop using coordinating Spellbinders circles - LOVE Nestabilities!.  

Then I also used a circle for the card backing - scoring it just an inch or so down so that it opens nicely.  If you like you can trim off the bottom of the scallop so your card doesn't roll off the table heehee or use a little easel like I do.  

This is a smallish card so I used a small sentiment on the inside.  I selected a clear stamp from Close to My Heart which enabled me to slightly bend the sentiment around the shape of the card.  
I wanted the images of the ladies to appear to be a ribbon so I cut the paper strips to look like a ribbon and sewed them to the card.  The only way the "ribbons" are attached are with the stitching so the papers lift up slightly - adding dimension.  I also sewed on a little purse for one of the gals : )

These cards, like the others in this series, were created almost entirely with papers from Graphics 45 "A Ladies' Diary" collection.
So this wraps up this gift series! get it? wraps up??  Ok maybe I need a nap.
Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!
Patti

No comments: