Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Sticker Challenge and a BIG announcement!



My Friend Theresa said that she was going to challenge herself to use some of her stickers!  I enthusiastically decided to join her! I am something of a sticker-aholic! and the funny thing is I rarely use them on my cards.  That might change in the next 100 days!  Be sure to read to the bottom of this post to learn my BIG announcement!


Check out this cutie patootie!! this card makes me laugh.  It fits an A2 envelope but is cut to a finished size of 3.5 x 5.5" leaving room for the rocket to hang off the side of the card. I didn't want to make these cards for kids specifically because I know of a few...ahem... adults who love Sock Monkey too! (you know who you are!) so I selected sentiments that would be more appropriate for the "big kids".

This sentiment is from The Angel Company.  The red shapes peeking out from under the blue cs are simply one of the red chevron zig zag shapes that was cut to fit underneath the blue cs. 

I used a Chevron Cover plate from PTI on each of my cards in this set.  This one was cut from white, red, yellow and blue cs.  I simply replaced the three shapes with the bold shapes! easy peasy!!

Showing the inside of the card.

 I wanted to think of a sentiment to highlight the monkey sky rocketing toward space : ) so I thought the sentiment up and printed it off on my computer.

Text Block: Birthday die by PTI.  Sequins and red ribbon bow from my stash.
If you look closely you will see that on this card I cut the Chevron cover plate from SU's Pacific Point cs and then glued it to a  "Tempting Turquoise" card base.  I did not fill in the Chevron zig zags on this one for a slightly different look. I wish I would have selected a different color for the birthday sentiment but I was trying to match the sticker series.  It's ok but if I had to do it again I would have done it differently.



This one might be my favorite : ) I am planning to send it to one of my sisters who is a pilot and a skydiver! I think she will giggle when she sees it.  I generated the sentiment on my computer


This is a shot of the inside of the card.  I wanted to show, again how the Chevron zig zag shape works so nicely as an altered feature.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the PTI cover plates!??! heeheehee


Here they are all together.  See how nifty stickers can be? This pack of stickers retails for $3.99.  I used all or a portion of 6 pieces of cs.  At SU prices that would be about $1.80 making each of these four cards actually cost about $1.45 each! Can't find great cards like these at Hallmark for those prices! : )

My BIG announcement:

I'm not certain of the exact flow of things whether it was my recent craft room OVERHAUL!! or my friend challenging me to use up my stickers or the introduction of a few blog challenges encouraging participants to USE our stuff! but I have decided to challenge myself : ) to make 100 cards in 100 days! : )

I know that is a big goal so I am going to need some help : ) That is where you come in.  I have purchased a treasure trove of LOOT!! also known as BLOG CANDY!! to give away at the end of my 100 day challenge.  All you must do to be entered in the RANDOM drawing is make a comment to "cheer me on" on my daily post : ) That's it!! The more days that you comment - the more chances you will have because with each post your name will be entered in the drawing.

I will write out the details clearly when I post the BLOG CANDY pictures.  I am hoping to post on Sunday or Monday please stop by again.  You might consider following me via e-mail.  You will receive updates when I post instead of having to pop in to see if I have posted but that is up to you : )

Just a note to my faithful sister who comments on my blog... my family is not eligible to win : ( sorry! If I happen to randomly select your name I promise you will get a very special prize but just not the BLOG CANDY.  International friends are welcome! but I can only commit to paying $15.00 of the shipping cost.  If it runs more I am gonna need a little bit of help. I hope you'll understand. Only one comment per post please.

So that's it!! Get your pom poms out and get ready to be my cheering section : )

Good for you! for making it all the way to the bottom of this post! whew : )

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

Patti


11 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love stickers too - you have some fabulous ones! Like you, I usually don't use them on my cards. I love all of your cards - adorable! I get so much inspiration here - I am so glad I found your blog!

Now as for your 100 cards challenge, count me in! I will definitely cheer you on! This should be easy because I think I comment on all your cards anyway! I try not to miss any. Way to go on your goal - you can do it!

Rose said...

oh i love the cute stickers!!! awesome cards girl :)
a card a day is a fantastic self challenge!!! you can do it :)

Kelly said...

oh my these are ca-ute! love the bright colors and how you replaced the chevrons! What a clever idea. Good luck in your personal challenge!

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, these are such fun cards..fab-u-lous! Well, my lovely blog friend very good luck to you on your 100 day challenge, I know you can do it and will be here to cheer you on all the way, lots of hugs, Carole Z X

Diane said...

Adorable designs Patti, love all the stickers and ideas.

Hugs Diane

Darnell said...

First of all, Patti, this post will be my go-to bookmark for cards for kids! They are all FANTASTIC!

Secondly, as the founder of the NBUS movement, you know I'll be a huge cheerleader of your goal to use that schtuff!! I'll make sure I'm on your mailing list. However, I would like to say no thank you to the generous offer of blog candy as I, too, already have too much schtuff! I'll try to be back for every post, though, to cheer you on!!

Have fun!! Hugs, Darnell

Beverly Ann said...

Woop...woop... love, love, love these adorable little monkey's (yes, I know who I am :)) I especially loved the helicopter and the rocket towards the planet, but really really loved them all. Just in case you forgot... my birthday is just around the corner...hint...hint...

I also really love whenever you put chevron elements on your cards!

P.S. it's ok about the blog candy, I cant have sweets anyway :) but... I would love to cheer you on in your 100 days of play. Have fun!

Peanut said...

Oh what fun you're having with those stickers! Love the chevron background, bright colours, cute images ... these cards are the prefect playground for little monkeys! Well done, Patti!
hugs, Asha

Manuela said...

wow, all these cards are absolutly fantastic. so colorful and bright, a lot of great cards here to discover
thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

Helen F. said...

I love your 'sticker' creations, Patti! I have quite a collection of 3-D stickers that I love making the kiddo's cards with. Need to use more of them though because my storage container is overflowing!
Thanks for the fun ideas :-)

Beth F. said...

I am not a huge sticker buyer. That is one of the reasons why I have my Cameo, I didn't want to buy embellishments that I knew I could make! I am in love with these cards! They are so bold and fun. I have 3 little boys and I could just see them going crazy over cards like this :)