Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Button Boutique


I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend.  Ours was a long one for the Memorial Day celebration.  We had outstanding weather that got me on the golf course as well as the lake - woo hoo!!

Among the fun we had this weekend was on Sunday when some of my peeps and I got together to play with paper.  We sometimes have a planned cardmaking project but this time we just sort of each worked on our own thing.



I wanted to get some cards made up to move me along in my personal challenge to create 100 cards in 100 days.  I am offering BLOG CANDY to add some fun for my friends and followers who leave "Cheer me on comments" : )  (Which, by the way I GREATLY! appreciate and enjoy!! See my blog Candy deets HERE.

I used my "Button Boutique" stamp set and coordinating dies from Papertrey Ink.  I just love this set and plan to make many more cards using it.  I love how the button cards can look so authentic and "old".




 I had intended to make each of these three cards very different from one another but my third card refused to come together so I quickly just (almost) duplicated my first one : )   I couldn't bear to only get two cards done in one whole day of paper crafting! LOL

The sentiment on my first and last card is from Close To My Heart.  I don't own this set - but was using my friends so I forgot to jot down the name of it.  Maybe she will leave a comment and tell us the name : ) Hear that, Theresa? I thought it was such a sweet sentiment for a "vintage" card.  The inside reads:

but not your age

These cards represent a half way mark for me as I have now completed 50 of my 100 cards!! woo hoo.  And, I did not plan it this way, today marks exactly 50 days left to go before the drawing for my BLOG CANDY on July 16th : )

I cannot thank you all enough for all the encouraging and fun comments you've left.  I am having so much fun with this challenge made so much better by YOU!

Thank you so much for looking. Have a great day!

Patti

Supplies:
Patterned paper by SU  Everyday Enchantment DSP and Fan Fair DSP
Button Boutique stamp set and coordinating dies by PTI
Blue Ribbon by Offray
Peach Ribbon by American Crafts
Flowers by Darice
and some buttons from my stash : )


14 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Wow you are half way! Way to go!
I love these cards and I agree, the stamp set really does make them look authentic. I have to admit that I thought they were the real thing before I read everything!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards, Patti! Love those button package stamps - yes, they do look real, with your added buttons. Such a fabulous vintage look! Way to go on 50 cards completed! Can you believe it! Awesome job and keep it up! I love seeing your cards!

Kelly said...

halfway there! WOW! these button accents are darling!

Unknown said...

Yahoo! You're almost there!!! Only 50 more to go.... I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goal and even do better than 100;-) btw, your cards do look the real thing!

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, Yay for your half way mark..it's all down hill from now on!!! I love these button cards and wow what a fab stamp, you had me fooled too! Stunning! Glad you had good golfing weather over your weekend..we had a long weekend too, unfortunately ours was mostly wet :( Hugs Carole Z X

Carmen said...

These are great cards. I love the die from PTI

Beth F. said...

Ok...now I am going to have to pin these cards so I can make them sometime! They are so amazing and I LOVE how you made them! Awesome, awesome!

Beverly Ann said...

The button cards look soooooo authentic someone might actually be tricked by that... ahem... someone like me :)

Unknown said...

I love all of these cards! the one with the brown is my favorite!

Jen Mitchell said...

Fantastic cards! I love the vintage look!

Marybeth said...

Patti your. Adds are perfection ! Love the softer look of these. I have always put off getting this set and I am not sure why. You did an outstanding job with them. Very real with the buttons.
Yes the booties are easy to make just a bit time consuming ,but is am sure it will go faster now that I made a pair. I am so happy I bought the dies. I would be happy to cut a pair for you if you want to send me your felt.
How fun you got to golf,I used to but not much anymore ,but my DH goes twice a week.

Marybeth said...

Cards not adds:)


Helen F. said...

Patti, I just love your vintagy looking cards. Those buttons are the perfect touch to the stamped button cards ~ I may have to reconsider my "need" for this PTI set ;-)
PS: 50 cards! How very impressive! You Go Girl

Peanut said...

These cards are so delicate, so pretty. LOVE them!
hugs, Asha