Saturday, August 9, 2014

Blendabilities at work!



I shared yesterday that my good friend Theresa has joined the Stampin Up team of demonstrators that bring us all those amazingly wonderful SU products : )

Theresa waited to open her kit until we were together (wasn't that sweet?!). She ordered all of the Blendabilities currently available : ) I was very anxious to try these pens.  I have long wanted to try Copic Markers but hesitated for many reasons.  This was a wonderful opportunity for me to be able to get my hands on SO MANY wonderful pens and find out what all the excitement over blendable markers is about!

My review?? I love em! : ) Such bold bright colors.  If you look closely you can tell this is my very first ever use of blendable pens but I can see where I need to improve and feel it is possible. 

For my first card I grabbed a piece of Stamper's Select white cs from PTI.  Let me just say this is the most remarkable white cs I have ever found! It is very thick and rich feeling.  I wanted a cs that would withstand the moisture of the pens because I was told they do bleed through.  I found with this great cs I had very little bleed through on my blotter. : )  I stamped these three Dahlias in the SU suggested ink, "Memento", by Tsukineko.  After all the coloring I did I was not about to throw away my practice piece so I made a card to show off my new found Blend-Abilities!  : )

Next I tried stamping a Tulip and colored it with some Coral shades and ... bluck!  not wild about the Coral Tulip so that went in the trashola.  Next up I tried a favorite sunflower stamp from The Angel Company.  I really had fun with the colors on this image and again decided to put my pretty flower to good use with my this next card : )



Neat huh?  Thank you for all your sweet comments yesterday.  We had a fantastic day! It started out to be just Theresa and I but then the party grew and at one point there were FIVE giggling women in my local grocery store all vieing for the potatoe salad! LOL Our men came home from fishing LONG after dark... (fishless I might add) with great fish stories to share and the laughter continued until about midnight! What a fun group : ) I can't wait to do that again soon.

That is it for my - now evening- post.  I hope you've enjoyed your day! Thankyou so much for stopping by.

Patti

Supplies:
Card #1
Colored cs by SU
White cs by PTI
Blendabilities by SU
Regarding Dahlias stamp set by SU
Ribbon and button from my stash
Card #2
Colored cs by SU
White cs by PTI
Blendabilities by SU
Sunflower image by The Angel Company
Embossing folder - Large Polka Dots by SU
Sentiment from "Glamour Girls stamp set by Crafty Secrets
Ribbon by American Crafts

19 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are both gorgeous! I can't even pick a favourite although I love the design of the second card, the first card is so pretty too! I think your colouring looks amazing! Sounds like you had a very fun day!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow what pretty flowers on both cards Patti!! Love your little ribbon, button treatment on the first card and of course all of the sweet polka dots on the second!

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. Your blending is fabulous. Great job and pretty flowers.

Pink Peep said...

You did a great job your first try! I especially love the sunflower. I really like the blendies too. A definite learning curve but I love the richness they bring to a card!

Carole Z said...

Wpw Patti, two gorgeous cards! I think you've done a fabulous job, wouldn't think it was your first try...glad you had fun! Hugs Carole Z X

JD/ Jill said...

Two beautifully colored cards!

Helen F. said...

Two amazingly beautiful cards, Patti. I LOVE both flowers and your (first time, really?) coloring with these new pens is perfect! Very sweet friend you have there in Theresa :-)

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Patti, looks like you had fun with your markers :)

Kelly said...

beautiful. love the gorgeous pinks and the colors pop against the kraft on card #2.

Diane said...

What an artistic look you created with these markers. I really like them ! and you gal pal ! BTW I was one of the giggling women in the supermarket. Good times :) Have fun Patti.

Taunya Butler said...

What awesome, excellent and very beautiful coloring you have done here!! I am just so very impressed!! I doubt my first time with those blendabilities will look this good!! You knocked it out of the park!!

*Vicki* said...

Hello Patti!! Wow, the coloring looks brilliant especially on that top floral card!! I do loves those SU! products as I used to be a demo myself!! LOL!! Both of these are just brilliant designs!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello as I get settled back into my blog! HUGS

Marybeth said...

Bet you two had a blast! Love the new pens and your gorgeous flower!
Hope you have a blessed day too my friend!

Angela said...

Two perfectly beautiful cards and always so well photographed, Patti!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time and from the looks of your cards, you did. They are both just stunning.

Darnell said...

Oh, boy, you are enabling me again, Patti!! I, too, held off on the Copicraze ... It's always good to have competition in anything so I'm glad SU tackled the alcohol markers. Both of your cards are, as always, beautiful!! Hugs, Darnell

Peanut said...

Oh my! Your colouring is AWESOME! Have fun with your pens, Patti.
hugs, Asha
(Doing my catch-up in reverse ... again! LOL)

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colored cards.
Gr Elly

obee said...

Wow! These cards are both stunners! Love the placement of the top layer on the second card with the sentiment to the side. The colors of both cards are just gorgeous!