Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ready or not here comes winter!



We finally got our first hard freeze! I actually really love winter.  I LOVE snow and am blessed to work at home so that I don't have to get up at O'Dark thirty : ) to try and get my car started in order to get to work.  I can enjoy winter so much more than some people can but after last winter with the dreadfully cold temps and mounds of snow I have to say I am not as excited to see the white stuff as I normally am.

But! like it or not here comes  winter.  Our temperatures have dropped and we have actually had some snow already.  Nothing like this time of year to get me in the mood to make a big pot of homemade soup and get started on my holiday cards.

I created this one using exclusive Stampin Up products.  I don't actually own the flower or sentiment but my good friend Theresa, who is a SU demonstrator, is generous and always willing to share! : ) 

I want to make this short so I can get out to visit in blogland.  I keep trying to stay ahead but keep falling behind.  I hope to visit you very soon : )

Have a great weekend, friends.

Patti

Supplies:
Paper is from the Trim the Tree 4.5 x 6.5" paper stack from SU
"Blended Bloom" image from SU
Sentiment from "Good Greetings" stamp set

10 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so beautiful. That flower is gorgeous.

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, this is beautiful, I love the flower which makes a very different sort of Christmas card. I'm afraid that I don't like winter at all, last year we had a lot of rain, which was not good as there was a lot of flooding, but we didn't have any snow and that made me very happy! Warm hugs Carole Z X

Lisa Elton said...

You have had a freeze and snow already...brrr, I'm NOT ready for that LOL!! But your pretty Christmas card could put me in the mood for the holidays!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Patti! What a beautiful Christmas card! The colour combo is gorgeous, and I love your layout and papers! Might have to "borrow" this layout! Enjoy your weekend, my friend! We haven't had any snow here yet in Nova Scotia - and I'm in no hurry!

Marybeth said...

I am ready!!!! But we don’t really get much of a winter.
You always amazing me with your gorgeous creations and I love the color combo! Beautiful coloring too!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Patti. I love the soft pink flower with the little darker red highlights. It is very well balanced (my favorite word) I see again how great the stitching looks and might have to try it. Have to go because I did my nails on one hand and I should be letting them dry. Love to see you back here in blogland! Missed you!

*Vicki* said...

So so beautiful Patti!! I really love how you've used the flower in a different way like this!! Gorgeous design! HUGS :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a pretty flower, your colouring is fabulous!

Jane Knudsen said...

This is so beautiful! Wow! I love the mix of these patterned papers. And then you went and colored that flower. Just wow!!

Taunya Butler said...

Such a great and beautiful card!! Love the absolute gorgeousness of that bloom! The way you colored it puts it in all of its glory!! WOW!! What amazing other details you added that just make this a stand-out card!! Have an incredible day!!