Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Just Us Girls Challenge




I absolutely LOVE this amazing photo that Vicki of Just Us Girls Challenge Blog selected for our inspiration this week.

This picture reminded me of my sister who loves "doodling".  She is actually a Doodle Artist! and is working on her own line of Doodles!!  I created this card for her birthday.  Thank you JUGS for the incredible inspiration!!



I did a bit of "Doodling" on a piece of white card stock before cutting it with the Wonky Squares die.  Then I cut another Wonky Square from black card stock and swapped out some of the centers with the doodled white pieces.  I cut a portion of the Floral Arrangement die and then inked on some color.  Finally I added two score lines at the bottom of the card. : ) A little time consuming but my baby sister is worth it!! : )

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you will join the girls over at JUGS to support their fun challenge!

I would also like to invite you to visit the Penny Black Simplicity Blog where my "Simplicity Sisters and I share CASolicious cards we hope will inspire you : )




All supplies I used are from Penny Black:

#51-424 Wonky Squares
#30-481 Radiant
#51-428 Floral Arrangement


Ok could you use a good laugh today? This one is one of my favorites - and it is really good advice too! .... here goes....

If you call one of those psychic hotlines and they don’t greet you by your name, you should hang up!

BIG (((HUGS)))








11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow... so eye catching and absolutely stunning. Love your fun doodling and the colours are fabulous. Great inspiration photo and amazing card Patti....Loving this one x

Mac Mable said...

meant to say...fun joke at the end ...made me laugh out loud x

Jeanne said...

That is one fabulous card, Patti! What a lovely card to reflect your sister's love of doodles. I'm sure she will be very touched! I wish her much success in her doodling endeavors! I think doodles are really neat. Does she have a website, blog or Instagram account? Your joke is terrific, too. So true! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs!

Birgit said...

This is such a cool card Patti! Your doodling looks pretty artistic to me so I guess it must run in the family. What a clever card! I'm sure your sister will be thrilled to receive it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the doodles - great card for your doodling sister ;) Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Ina G said...

Awesome doodling here Patti. Love that background for your gorgeous flower. Thanks for sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Lisa Elton said...

I've never heard of a doodle artist, how FUN is that and her own line too! She's going to love her birthday card Patti. You've captured the inspiration photo perfectly!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is an awesome card and a perfect take on the inspiration photo. I love the doodling you did too. What a great work of art!

Bobby said...

I love the abstract look of your background, Patti, and that you left the flowers simple to pop but not distract. Can't wait until the next challenge. ;)

I Card Everyone said...

Did you really doodle this, Patti? The talent runs in the family, for sure!
I love this green, and it's perfect to make this fabulous frame pop!
=]

Loll said...

Love your design Patti. Your doodled background looks awesome with the black framing. Your sister is going to love this!! xx